7 Thrilling Activities in Wells Gray
Here are seven ways to get your thrills in Wells Gray and Clearwater.
The Wells Gray experience is all about rugged and wild adventure.
Catch a wave and ride the rapids of the Clearwater River which has some of the biggest whitewater rapids in British Columbia. This is a premier destination for world-class adventure paddling. With three experienced guiding companies, choose from half-day, overnight, and week-long excursions. No experience necessary, just bring your sense of adventure.
1. Rafting and Kayaking on the Clearwater River
2. Wings and Waterfalls Scenic Flight TourWhat's the best way to see the most of Wells Gray Park? From the air of course! Join Wells Gray Air on a scenic flight tour over BC's fourth largest provincial park. You'll fly through green valleys, over snow-capped mountains and Wells Gray's famous waterfalls.
(Photo: Wells Gray Air)
For the truly daring, try a tandem paragliding flight with X-Sky Paragliding. Your experienced instructor will prepare you to launch off of the mountain side, over and down the spectacular North Thompson Valley. Who knows, you may even fly amoung eagles on your flight!
3. Paragliding in the North Thompson Valley
(Photo: XSky Par
4. Rainbow Falls Boat TourThere's nothing like being in the backcountry, away from civilization and in the heart of the wilderness. Hop in with Clearwater Lake Tours for a full day or overnight trip to Rainbow Falls at the far end of Azure Lake. Accessible by boat or float plane only, you'll hike amoung ancient forests and paddle your own canoe on this unforgettable and incredibly scenic tour that includes lunch.
(Photo: Clearwater Lake Tours)
5. Get in the saddle and giddy-up!Join a guided horseback riding adventure to see the hidden gems of Wells Gray Park. Ride past wildlife, historic homesteads and cabins. Consider and overnight guided and outfitted trip where you'll be serenaded by a cowboy with the guitar, warm up by a campfire, and rest your head in a cozy canvas tent.
6. Rip down trails on your mountain bikeThe trails in Wells Gray are full of rugged adventure. You can choose to push along the multi-use trails in the Park or head to the Candle Creek trails in Clearwater where the locals have carved out excellent mountain biking trails amoung the forests with great views of the North Thompson Valley.
(Photo: Liquid Lifestyles)