How to Enjoy the Fall Colours in Wells Gray
The cooler Fall temperatures brings about a dramatic transformation to Wells Gray Country. The forests change to seas of green with startling yellow and orange hues. With 1.3 million acres of pristine wilderness, there are many ways for you to revel in the colours of Fall in Wells Gray Park and Clearwater.
1. Fall for the WaterfallsEvery season transforms the 39 waterfalls of Wells Gray Park. In the fall, they stand against a gorgeous fall colour palette. The Park is much quieter in the Fall months and you'll feel like you have the Park to yourself!
Mushbowl Falls, Wells Gray Provincial Park.
2. Take a hike!Pound the trails and immerse yourself in the colourful trees as the leaves create a brilliant yellow carpet underfoot. With over 200km of hiking trails, you'll have no trouble getting off the beaten path.
Pyramid Mountain, Wells Gray Provincial Park.
3. Get cozy in Canada's best B&B's and accommodationsFrom the coziest log homes and cabins, to glamping tents and comfortable hotels, we've got the perfect place for you to relax, unwind, and enjoy the serene Fall beauty and generous hospitality of Wells Gray.
4. Get a different view high up on a seat or a saddleSit up on the back of a horse as you travel through fields and forests like the pioneers did. Or speed down the mountain bike trails of Candle Creek Trails in Clearwater which over look the gorgeous valley below.
5. Learn a new craftThe fine folks at Wolfwood Guest Ranch have a Survival School where you can learn everything from bushcraft, to goat cheese making, to making your own primitive weapons.
Wolfwood Survival School
6. See the Fall colours from the airTake a scenic flight to watch the waterfalls bathed in Fall colours from high up in the air, or for the more daring, take a paragliding flight down the North Thompson Valley.
Wells Gray Air, Helmcken Falls.
7. Hit the Mountain Bike Trails
The Wells Gray Outdoors Club has built and manages an impressive mountain bike trail network, ready for you to enjoy! See more and download the map here:
Watch the beautiful reflection of the Fall colours on the glass-like lakes of Clearwater and Wells Gray Park. Let the serenity sink in as your paddle cuts though the clear water.
8. Go for a paddle
Dutch Lake, Clearwater, BC.
9. Enjoy the Fall bountyStop by the Clearwater Farmer's Market on Saturdays from 9am-12pm to peruse the beautiful produce, baked goods, and gifts that are locally produced. Hungry? Stop by one of our fine restaurants to savour locally sourced ingredients and beer.
Hop N' Hog, Smoke and taphouse. Clearwater, BC